Thursday, March 15, 2007

"Fixations"

I stepped off the bus into the shadiest part of town. You with your flashing perma-grin white against the night, a hint of Cheshire cat layered in your voice as you pulled my hand. I felt loose and ragged, un-cohesive at best as we walked a block I would have never tread in the brightest of lights. You can coax me into doing things I have no courage to do alone. I turned to ask you why the hell we came here but you were gone. I sat on the bench skirting the park, used condoms littered at my feet so I kept my hands in my lap; Hookers hanging in the shadows giving sounds of oral fixations and penetrations. Undetected, you came up behind me grabbed me across the mouth, touching me, laughing in my ear, breathing on my neck, and giving me the answer to my question. Aleathia Drehmer 2007

No comments: