Saturday, March 17, 2007

"Collections"

It is after work and we smell of hamburgers, of old grease as you back me up in the darkness to the edge of my bed. The shade on the window is only half drawn with rays of street light daggering on the wall. I had wanted you since the day you started, had smiled my best smile, batted my eyelashes, whispered dirty things when our arms crossed over the warming table for a double cheeseburger. But now with you here, in my room, on my bed touching me with a drunken tenderness, I don’t find you as attractive now that the hunt is over; Now that I have slain this dragon. I let you touch me anyway, let you taste my skin, let you slide inside me just for the memory of it as I tilt my head back, and tilt my hips in to collect my reward. Aleathia Drehmer 2007 Upcoming Publication in Zygote in My Coffee Print #4

No comments: