Monday, July 16, 2007

"Dashboard"

19 years I’ve lived on this earth, the last six of them spent in mental copulation, turning over instances of cupped breasts, dry fucks, and French kisses, hands on the small of my back passing workers in the hot, cramped kitchen, backed against parking garage walls under the stairwell legs draped over hips, fingers parting lips, dorm room blow-jobs, late night phone sex in soft voices, hushed so parents didn’t overhear, have all brought me to the crowning jewel with feet planted on the dashboard in the passengers seat, reclined tucked on a dirt road after humanities class, bodies sweating, yours more than mine, and I am distracted by the fact that everything that came before this moment impressed me more than this. Aleathia Drehmer 2007 Published by Cause & Effect 1/08

No comments: