Friday, August 24, 2007

"Magic To Be Found"

for Edward “I only really feel alive when I’m on the poem,” he tells me, ”the rest of the time I’m waiting to write.” I think about how words take over me, seduce me until I am a writhing puddle on the floor, people walking passed me indifferent to my pain. “I groan and hold my head, can feel them between my lungs,” he says. And I picture him sitting there tortured, with anguish dripping from his face, onto his chest, hand clutching the place where the words claw their way out. “The pen can’t move fast enough to take away the knife,” I tell him through wires and light, wondering if the blood on my blade is his. Aleathia Drehmer 2007 Published by LitUp Magazine 4/08

1 comment:

Jason said...

Aleathia,

I think your work is amazing, and I love that I keep finding it everywhere I turn. I run the website What to Wear During an Orange Alert, and I have been trying to contact you since I received the rmp mini-mailer back in early July. I would love to interview you for the site, but I can't find your e-mail address on-line anywhere. If you are interested send me an e-mail (orangealert31@gmail.com) and I will send you the questions that I have.

Thanks and keep up the incredible work!

-Jason